Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE extends your new or existing NEC phone system investment with cloud-based voice via desktop and mobile apps creating a seamless all-in-one communications experience. Collaborate in the office, at home, or anywhere in between with integrated video conferencing, chat, and file sharing/backup. One fully integrated hybrid solution that bridges the best of both worlds together for one low monthly payment. Crazy simple!
- What is UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE?
NEC UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE enables inbound and outbound calling via desktop and mobile apps, plus includes an integrated suite of collaboration services including team chat, video conferencing, and secure file sync/sharing. CONNECT BRIDGE delivers all of the mission-critical collaboration tools a business requires to communicate from wherever needed.
- Why is UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE better than other solutions in the market?
CONNECT BRIDGE is a hybrid cloud/on-premises solution designed specifically for NEC. Unlike competitive solutions, CONNECT BRIDGE seamlessly integrates with NEC on-premises solutions – extending the capabilities of your PBX to remote, mobile, and hybrid workers without a software or hardware update. Bridging the best of both worlds together!
- With which existing NEC phone systems does UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE work?
- UNIVERGE® SV9100
- UNIVERGE SV9300
- UNIVERGE SV9500
- UNIVERGE 3C®
- What collaboration features are included with UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE?
- Team Chat: Communicate with more than voice and email – use individual and group channels to have conversations, share files, and more with colleagues in real-time.
- Video Conferencing: Meet face-to-face and share your screen for more interactive and productive meetings.
- Calling*: Place, receive, and manage inbound and outbound calls from a desktop or mobile device to stay connected.
- Presence: Real-time working status of colleagues (available, away, offline, etc.) provides more transparency and increases efficiency by letting users know which colleagues are available for a quick call, chat, or meeting.
- File Sharing: Easily access, share, and collaborate on documents securely from any location.
* An additional integration between the new or existing NEC phone system is required to make/receive voice calls between CONNECT BRIDGE and the NEC phone system users or to/from the PSTN. To manage calls with external numbers, your NEC authorized representative will need to configure this additional integration between the new or existing NEC phone system and CONNECT BRIDGE. IMPORTANT: This integration comes at no additional cost.
- Where do users download the CONNECT BRIDGE apps?
Users can download the apps from this page: https://www.univerge.blue/apps/en-us/
- How do I know if my organization qualifies for CONNECT BRIDGE?
Click here to view and download this quick pre-qualification checklist.
- How does UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE help my business?
- Whether an NEC phone system is new or existing, you can keep your phone numbers, and add the tools your teams need to better communicate and collaborate whether in the office or from wherever
- Extend the capabilities and reach of your new or current phone system to support in-office, remote, and hybrid workforce and protect your existing investment
- Bring all the business communications you need into a single, integrated, easy to use workspace
- Deploy quickly with no additional hardware or software
- Enjoy one monthly, per-user fee from the provider you can trust with your business communications - NEC
- If/when your business is ready to move fully to a cloud-based Unified Communications solution, we’ll transfer your entire business communications to the cloud with zero downtime and no interruptions to your user experience
- What benefits does CONNECT BRIDGE have for my end-users?
- Desktop and mobile apps make it easy to stay connected, communicate and collaborate from the office, home, or anywhere in between
- User-friendly apps are easy to install – all you need is an internet connection
- Spend less time switching between apps and more time getting work done with access to team chat, video conferencing, calling, and file sharing in a single app
- Manage calls from your mobile device with your existing NEC phone number so your personal number stays private
- How does UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE work?
UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE extends the capabilities of NEC’s new or existing on-premises phone systems to NEC’s cloud-based collaboration tools giving users a truly integrated collaboration experience. The solution ensures ALL users will receive:
- A common dial plan and single corporate directory for all users
- Access to video conferencing, team chat, and file sharing
- Shared presence statuses
- Inbound and outbound calling*
* An additional integration between the new or existing NEC phone system is required to make/receive voice calls between CONNECT BRIDGE and the NEC phone system users or to/from the PSTN. To manage calls with external numbers, your NEC authorized representative will need to configure this additional integration between the NEC phone system and CONNECT BRIDGE. IMPORTANT: This integration comes at no additional cost.
- Where do I go to learn more about UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE?
www.univergeblue.com/cloud-services/connect-bridge/ or reach out to your NEC authorized representative
- How do I move forward with getting UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT BRIDGE for my business?
Reach out to your NEC authorized representative or call us at 888.632.7003 or fill out the online Contact form at https://www.univergeblue.com/get-in-touch