OFF-SITE DATA PROTECTION & HOT CLOUD STORAGE
The combination of ever increasing network bandwidth and ability to quickly address new data storage requirements is driving the rapid emergence of cloud storage. NEC’s UNIVEGE BLUE BACKUP / S3 Cloud Storage Service is built from the ground up upon NEC’s award winning HYDRAstor® backup and archive technology to deliver the security, reliability, and functionality to address all aspects of advanced cloud storage service requirements.
UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP /
S3 (Simple Storage Service)
As a strategic part of NEC’s UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP Suite, BACKUP/S3 is designed to address Data Protection and Hot Cloud Storage requirements. NEC’s UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP/S3 delivers an S3 compatible storage service that delivers the security, resiliency, and performance of cloud storage at a predictable and affordable price.
BACKUP/S3 is designed to address the off-site requirement of the 3-2-1 Rule for Data Protection and with the increase in network bandwidth, also delivers Hot Cloud Storage for large amounts of data that is required in a short period of time.
- Built and optimized on NEC’s award winning2 HYDRAstor backup and archive storage systems
- Highly secure, compliant, and resilient Iron Mountain® above and underground data centers
- Affordable and predictable billing, with no egress or API request charges
- S3 compliant off-prem storage service delivered by highly experienced 24/7 support team
- Optional enhanced service options including data migration, meta-data indexing, and disaster recovery
In order to truly realize the security aspects of off-site cloud storage, physical security and data protection are critical and need to be taken into account.
- NEC is the first technology infrastructure provider to join Iron Mountain’s Datacenter Marketplace in 2014
- Every aspect of infrastructure access and management is tracked and secured
- Strict security compliance access and optional reports on individual access to the equipment for compliance purposes is maintained
- Data transmitted to NEC’s BACKUP/S3 buckets are encrypted in transit, and optionally encrypted at rest to provide additional security using NEC’s HYDRAstor patented encryption technology.
“NEC has been a proven core technology provider of advanced storage systems serving demanding enterprise companies. With the addition of UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP / S3 Services, NEC continues to build upon their core HYDRAstor technology to deliver this technology as a Service to their clients.”
Camberley Bates, Managing Director of the Evaluator Group.
Resiliency, Disaster Recovery & Performance
Built upon HYDRAstor’s patented integrated resilience, NEC’s BACKUP/S3 offering provides the resiliency, disaster recovery options and performance to meet a business’s critical data requirements.
- Delivers the highest levels of resiliency in the industry without compromising performance
- Offers advanced disaster recovery options to BACKUP S3 data, to meet various Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RPO) requirements
- Ingestion and egress performance meets virtually any cloud storage mission requirement
With the flexibility to backup between datacenters with an on-premises solution or straight to the cloud, virtual or physical environments, NEC delivers backup strategies to meet the needs from small and medium businesses to global enterprise-class datacenters. Whatever your needs may be, NEC’s UNIVERGE BLUE BACKUP/S3 can provide the Data Protection and Hot Cloud Storage requirements you require.